Davina+Daniel are fine art wedding photographers who are known for traveling the extra distance- literally. Together, the duo has over 100 weddings from around the world under their belt. With such experience and talent, it’s no wonder they were included in Rangefinder Magazine’s Top 10 most sought-after wedding photographers of 2012. Davina+Daniel’s intimate and documentary style allows them to create wonderful imagery with depth and emotion. Every photograph is a moment capturing the meaning of family, celebration, and love. Be sure to check out their website for a more in-depth look.
I’m excited to see what 2013 for weddings especially if it means bringing back the chignon. We teamed up with hair and makeup extraordinaire, Jordan Byers, to bring you a wedding hairstyles for long hair twist on the classic chignon. Scroll down further to see the complete tutorial for wedding hairstyles for long hair. Enjoy!
Here’s a simple twist….with a twist! (Well, knot, really.) Here’s the step-by-step of each image:
1. Pull hair into a low pony tail.
2. Section hair into two parts: about one third in one section and two thirds in the other.
3. Twist the larger section into a bun and secure with bobby pins.
4. Smooth out the smaller section and pull it up loosely over the bun–secure the middle of that section to the top/base of the bun leaving the tail loose.
5. Separate the tail into two equal sized sections and tie them together once like you would at the beginning of tying a bow or shoe lace.
6. Wrap around and pin down the rest of those tails underneath the bun.
Ta-da! A simple yet chic updo for your very long hair.
I can’t think of a better way to launch the new OnceWed.com than with this beautiful shoot from Jose Villa and Easton Events. Beautiful and elegant doesn’t seem to cut it for this shoot, a visual feast of perfection is more like it…
Inspired by the old world allure of 18th century Fenwick Hall Plantation, we wanted to create a scene with layered textures, fine heirloom china, and perfectly polished silver. We set the table beneath the canopy of an amazing oak tree which created a room surrounded by dripping Spanish moss. The soft blush and champagne palette was a lovely backdrop for the loose flowing flowers and printed suite with classic fine point calligraphy. Harkening back to the 18th century, one of our favorite textures was a beautiful open weave linen. From the loose layering on the tabletop, the pressed linen wedding invitation, to the gorgeous faint blush linen skirt of the Carol-Hannah gown, this airy and lovely texture defined the relaxed elegance of the shoot. By bringing interior heirloom luxuries outside, such as the oriental rug, polished silver, fine bone china, we created a scene of old world elegance paired with the relaxed plantation lifestyle.
Ohhhh, I’ve got the traveling bug right now! And I just have to say that I’m a little envious of all you brides who are planning your honeymoon right now…But before you plan too much, make sure you check out our sponsor Traveler’s Joy — the best honeymoon registry site. Ever heard of honeymoon registration?? Let me fill you in on all the goodness involved when you register with Travelers’ Joy….
1) Instant Registry: You can have a complete registry in just minutes! When setting up a registry you can choose from a list of 50 theme based (think beach, cruise, or mountains) or location specific (think Italy or St. Lucia) item lists. With one click, items and experiences are added to your registry. You can edit or delete any item at any time and also add plenty more of their own.
2) Group Gifting: It’s easy to divide the cost of your expensive items into manageable portions. A camera that costs $1,000 can be split into 5 $200 gifts (or gifts of any size). Since there are many honeymoon items that can be very expensive, almost all couples use this feature in some way.
3) Partnerships & History: Traveler’s Joy has been in business since 2004 and has served over 100,000 members. They are Featured Registry Partners with WeddingChannel.com, The Knot, and WeddingWire. They are also proud members of the Better Business Bureau Online Reliability Program (since 2006). Many (many) companies in the “alternative” wedding registry marketplace have come and gone in the 8 years Traveler’s Joy has been around – and we fully expect Traveler’s Joy to outlive many more!
4) Physical Items: With Traveler’s Joy, you can register for increasing numbers of “accessory” or “tangible” items related to your honeymoon. Examples include travel guidebooks, cameras, video-cameras, luggage, snorkeling gear, and even newlywed flip flops.
5) Their Real Member Honeymoon Section is an amazing resource where you can read more stories about Traveler’s Joy couples and help you begin your honeymoon adventure!
6) Special Offer that applies to all Members: Traveler’s Joy is giving away $5,000 toward a honeymoon or first anniversary trip to one lucky couple that signs up with Traveler’s Joy between January 1, 2013 and April 30, 2013. The winner will be notified on May 8, 2013.
As a special treat for Once Wed readers, Traveler’s Joy is giving away $500 of honeymoon activities and experiences to one lucky couple – ”The first $500 of honeymoon activities and experiences are on us. Whether it is surfing lessons, a spa treatment, or an amazing bottle of champagne on the beach, let us treat you!”