We loved featuring some new wedding ideas from Lora and Eric Kelley, and we can’t get over this amazing updo that Lora Kelley styled. Today we’re excited to show you how you can recreate this unique wedding hairstyle for your own big day! Keep reading for the full tutorial.
1. Curl the hair (spraying pieces with hot sets by redken) + clip into place
2. Take the hair down and tousle
3. Tease the hair at the root and ends, and clip up the top piece
4. Use clear fishing line + plastic needle to sew pieces up
5. Finish off by using a colored thread (gold pictured) I thought neon would be fun, too!
6. Loosen up by tugging on pieces to get the effect you want
7. Spray that hair! (using Redken Forceful)
From Lora Kelley: In the beginning, there was an idea for a dress, a cement inlaid table at one of my favorite local shops, an ethereal venue, and a dear creative friend and and my husband, who loves to capture light and essence and beauty. It all demanded to be materialized.
Life calls us to create, to usher forth beauty, to play with ideas, to reminisce and to project. It calls us to collaborate, to push ourselves, to take time, to plan, to demonstrate and to do things because a small desire inside of us says… yes. please. yes. We want to be known.
Where is joy? Where is beauty? When we see what our eyes are made to see and do what our hands were made to do, when we think the way our minds were made to think..and when we love. As Augustine says, “Love is the beauty of the soul.”
As a team of creative professionals, who are basically obsessed with weddings, wedding bouquets never get old. Similar to snowflakes, every bouquet is different! We adore the fleeting nature of flowers, the elegance they instantly create, and the fact that they’re portable sculptures. We love seeing the different creations our favorite floral designers and stylists have assembled over the years, and these are just a few of the hundreds that we’ve featured. So, we gathered the top 10 most repinned bouquets from our Pinterest to inspire you for your own wedding!
1. Probably our favorite, and definitely your favorite bouquet that we’ve featured is this luxurious sherbet-colored beauty from Twigss floral. See the full wedding here.
2. If you’re ever looking for floral inspiration, look no further than Sarah Winward. She absolutely killed it with this colorful California wedding. I mean..look at those colors and textures!
3. This bouquet from Amy Osaba has been re-pinned more than any other from our Pinterest, and we still adore it all this time after it was originally posted. Don’t you just love the addition of that deep eggplant color to balance out the pink? We do!
4. Speaking of purple, you all loved this deep purple hellebore bouquet from Kelly Kaufman Design which was originally part of a shoot we did with Freixenet.
5. These lovely and delicate bouquets by Cloth of Gold still top our list of all time favorite bouquets! See the full shoot here.
6. And we always love a classic white wedding bouquet, and this beauty from Joy Thigpen is probably our favorite! You can see more of this white wedding shoot here.
7. Joy always creates stunning, and show-stopping bouquets and these trailing florals are no exception. You can visit the original post to see more of this stunning wedding in Barcelona.
8. This beautiful, poppy-filled, bouquet has been an all-time favorite on Pinterest. We love the vibrant colors and stunning blooms that Kelly Kaufman Design put together for this lovely shoot.
9. Sarah Winward finds inspiration in the everyday, and when she passed a field of snowberry, she knew what she had to do with it: create a beautiful shoot. Part of the result was this stunning bouquet!
10. And finally, we wrap up our top 10 wedding bouquets with this stunner from Southern Blooms. This draping bouquet is perfect for a bride looking for a more organic twist on a traditional round design.
Read more below about Ever After and find out how to win $5000 toward your dream wedding venue!
One of the first and most challenging parts of planning your wedding is deciding on a venue. This task is especially more difficult for couples looking to plan a destination wedding. Well, did you know that there are people out there who can help you decide on the perfect venue? Ever After works with you to find a wedding venue that best fits with your particular style, needs, and most importantly- budget. They have assembled a team of experts who work to match couples with their dream venues in Southern California, Mexico, Las Vegas, Hawaii, Jamaica, and the Dominican Republic. It’s just like having a real estate agent for your wedding- they help you at no cost or obligation! After you’ve chosen your dream location, they’re paid by the venue. And to make the deal seem even sweeter, they help you work with the venue to book blocks of rooms for your guests!
How it Works:
Step 1: Fill out a super simple short form to help Ever After understand your wedding dreams and vision
Step 2: You’ll be matched with a Venue Expert who will contact you to discuss the wedding experience you envision and any special needs for your guests.
Step 3: Your Venue Expert will find the perfect location that matches your unique vision and personality
Step 4: Ever After will oversee the planning of your ceremony and reception, and advise you on local customs, wedding documentation and legal requirements
Step 5: Ever After can also help plan all of your guest travel, accommodations and activities, working with each of your guests to customize their experience.
Ever After is hosting a sweepstakes where you can win $5,000 cash to put toward your dream wedding venue! To qualify, you must be engaged and currently planning a wedding.