Today, we have a breathtaking Spring wedding from the lovely Jemma Keech. We are absolutely loving the colors in this feature- such a nice departure from the cold weather! And, just look at the bride’s headpiece from Enchanted Atelier! Doesn’t she look ethereal? Well, we hope this gets you in the mood for Spring. Be sure to visit Jemma’s blog for more of this gorgeous wedding! Have a great weekend!
You read that right! We’ve partnered with the amazing Ka’ana Resort to offer an exclusive giveaway to Once Wed readers for a chance to win a 4 night experience in Belize. I am already so envious of the lucky couple who is going to win this amazing experience. Ka’ana was created for those who appreciate the elegant luxuries of a world class resort, yet yearn to experience new frontiers. Perfectly located in the midst of everything a Central American vacation could possibly offer, Ka’ana is a haven of understated luxury with a considered design style, distinguished culinary experiences and an extensive wine cellar, adjacent to pristine jungle. Experience a true luxury vacation, just steps from the many ancient Mayan ruins of Belize’s jungle
This 4 night giveaway includes…
4 nights accommodation in our 1-Bedroom Private Pool Villa with personal houseman, private plunge pool, outdoor shower and gardens
Roundtrip Airport Transfers
Daily full Breakfast served in your villa or at La Ceiba Restaurant
One private, customized Fire-Deck Dinner, hosted by our team of culinary artisans
One private, guided tour to the Maya City of Yaxha with Sundowners at Sunset
This fishtail braid hair tutorial is the 3rd tutorial in our 4 part braid series from the lovely Jesse of Our Labor of Love, Alison Brislin, and Kelly Shew. I remember being young and asking my mom to put my hair in a fishtail braid, so I’m excited to have a little guide to use on my own little girl now!
Fishtail Braid Tutorial
1. Backcomb/tease the crown of your head. This makes the hair “sticky” for starting the fishtail.
2. Gather a small handful of hair from the back center of the head and separate the hair into two sections.
3. + 4. Take a small strand of hair from the right section, pull it back and cross it over to join the left hair section.
5. + 6. Take a small strand of hair from the left section, pull it back and cross it over to join the right hair section.
7. Repeat these steps all the way down the back of the head. Continue throughout the “tail”.
8. Secure with hair tie. Fishtails looks beautiful a little disheveled. To achieve this look gently pull apart/loosen the braid. It’s ok if it’s uneven or little pieces falls out. Gives the fishtail a youthful, messy ease.
- You should brush your hair before braiding. Knots and tangles make it hard for the person braiding your hair. Might also hurt a little bit!
- Part on your natural side. Adjust instructions according to your part.
- Day old hair is best. A little grit is good for braids as they hold-up better. Clean hair is too slippery.
- These tutorials are written for someone to braid your hair, not intended for self-braiders. Unless you are really clever and talented!
For over 30 years Invitations by Dawn has helped women invite their guests in style. With Master Consultants on the Industry, etiquette tips, assembly guides – they exist to make your wedding a breeze.
Our friends at Invitations by Dawn are devoted to the goal that every one of their Brides LOVES every last stinking detail of their invitations.
That’s why they offer a huge variety of invitation styles and free samples so you can see before committing. From gorgeous embossed and thermographed invitations to stunning full color digital styles, they have it covered.
And, there’s a price for every bride. From high end laser-cut to affordable seal and sends, they want you to find the invitation of your dreams at a price you can afford!