We’ve had the pleasure of working with Bryce Covey for a while now. He collaborates with stylists, make up artists, and wedding designers around the country to produce some of the most beautiful photography work we’ve seen, and we have absolutely loved featuring tutorials, styled shoots, and weddings from Bryce. He is one of the foremost wedding photographers in the country, and in addition to featuring some of his timeless photography here on Once Wed, we are thrilled to bring him on board as a new sponsor!
Based out of New York City and Los Angeles, Bryce works with couples to capture the real emotion and true beauty of a wedding day. As a fine art wedding photographer, Bryce chooses to shoot film to create some of the most gorgeous images we’ve ever seen. The light and soft quality of the images he produces is unmatched. Bryce Covey is one of our favorite film photographers, and we’re so excited he is one of our new sponsors!
If you’re considering hiring a fine art film photographer for your wedding day, we highly recommend Bryce. He’s available for travel within the United States as well as abroad. He just got back from shooting a wedding in Spain, which we’re sure is absolutely stunning! He loves traveling and is always up for it; so consider him as your photographer for your local or destination wedding. Visit Bryce Covey’s beautiful website to learn more about him and his work!
So, if you’re plugged into the wedding world at all (and if you’re visiting Once Wed, you probably are), we’re sure you’ve seen a lot about more Frou Frou Chic floating around the web and instagram since we posted a giveaway introducing the new handmade ribbon line a few weeks ago. Ginny Au and her step-mother Heather Cowie created this absolutely stunning line of hand died silk ribbon, and we couldn’t be more excited by the fact that they are choosing to share about Frou Frou Chic here on Once Wed.
Ginny, the marketing and styling guru behind the lovely Frou Frou Chic brand, teamed up with one of our absolute favorite hair stylists, Joanna Ballentine, to create a couple of hair tutorials inspired by Frou Frou Chic ribbon. Wearing ribbon in your hair is not just for little girls anymore, although this would look absolutely precious on any little girl. Ginny and Joanna worked together to design this chic and gorgeous halo braid hairstyle that would be beautiful for any bride on her wedding day.
Isn’t the way they braided the ribbon into the hair absolutely darling? We simply love this classic and bohemian-inspired halo braid for a bride looking for an alternative to a traditional wedding updo. Let us know if you feel bold enough to try this flawless look out for your wedding because we’d love to see how this works out for our brides. Visit Frou Frou Chic today to pick up your hand died silk ribbon to polish off the look!
Steps for braided Frou Frou:
1. Prep hair to give texture and hold. We used Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray- it gives an undone messy look. Start from either side above the ear (or over) and begin braiding with your choice of braid technique.
2. Continue braiding loosely around the shape of the head- bobby pin as you go to keep in place.
3. Complet the braid at either the temples or continue the braid around like a crown. Tuck the end in between the hair and pin.
4. We then took a 1/2 inch frou frou chic ribbon and folded it in half, hooked a bobby pin on it and anchored the ribbon in the hair by weaving in the bobby pin in the hair (hidden).
5. Then we weaved the ribbon through the braid. We used our hands for this step and weaved it in a random pattern. Step back and look at it every once in a while to make sure the ribbon is weaved through symmetrically. Also- make sure the ribbon is loose through the hair to make it look fuller.
6. As you get to your end, tuck the ribbon and pin- then spray to lock in your look!
Mara of Neithersnow recently sent over this stunning inspiration shoot from photographer Cinzia Bruschini on the banks of Lake Como at this gorgeous villa . It was a fairy tale setting styled by Cristina of Le Jour du Oui with so many beautiful details and moments.
If you want to work from home, have flexible hours and love interacting with people, you should check out this position. The secret is…. the people you’ll be calling really want to talk to you, they just won’t know it until five minutes into the call. Getting to that point is what we’ll train you to do. So if you are interested in learning state-of-the-art selling, building a career (not just a paycheck) and working for one of the finest wedding publications in the world, please send us your cover letter and resume. We are eager to get to know you!
Let’s fast forward one year from now and discuss what a Successful Account Executive (you!) will have accomplished at Once Wed:
1. You innovated and refined an approach to close major accounts in retail, makeup, beauty, and fashion with major brands such as Macy’s, L’Oreal, and Vera Wang providing them packaged promotional campaigns including serialized social media contests, banner advertising and original styled shoots sourced and executed by the talented Once Wed creative team.
2. The incisive client feedback you provided to Once Wed Management and Development Teams lead to the creation of superior advertising services increasing client retention by 22%.
3. Your quick grasp of split testing methodologies and strong communication of the power of this approach has won you a dozen major banner ad accounts and raised average monthly banner price we charge by 17%.
4. Your efficient work, internet savvy and persuasive proposals over email, phone and social networks have moved the Vendor Guide from 60% to 85% capacity and created recurring commissions for yourself based over 200+ accounts.
5. Your clients brag to management about your customer service skills, responsiveness and attention to detail – and tell us that “whatever you pay her, it’s not enough” Some clients have even tried to lure you away from Once Wed with not so subtle job offers.
6. Your dedication to your career demonstrated by your high call volume, thoughtfulness, learning from your manager and sales team, and multiple sales books you study challenge the whole sales force to improve and propel you towards six figure earnings.
We can’t wait until next year.
Now Back to Today
If you’d like this story to be yours….
Please email Brett Newman (email@example.com) your cover letter and resume for consideration.
Desired Skills & Experience
– Appreciation of the OW style & Aesthetic
– Flexibility – Once Wed is a growing company and we will need people who can flex and adapt to change
– 2 Years of Sales or equivalent industry experience (exceptions will be made for exceptional candidates)
– Preference given to Atlanta – it’s easier to train our Account Executives if they are nearby, but we also like to take our people to lunch
– Life Experience is a major bonus (though not required)
– Dedicated phone line and high speed internet
– Installation of Rescuetime Software
– CPU or Laptop