Even as a seller you have to protect yourself when selling a dress online. Always use a secure payment service to sell a dress like escrow.com to sell your wedding dress online. NEVER ACCEPT CHECK, MONEY ORDERS, OR CASHIERS CHECKS AS A PAYMENT FOR YOUR DRESS. BEWARE OF ANY AWKWARD/FOREIGN EMAILS OFFERING TO SEND MORE THAN THE DRESS AMOUNT IN A CHECK IN EXCHANGE FOR A SHIPPING COMPANY/SHIPPER TO PICK IT UP.
HOW DO I LIST MY DRESS ON ONCE WED?
We’ve set up our listing form to take only 5 – 10 minutes to fill out. It is quick, easy, and free. To submit a dress, click here.
I SUBMITTED A DRESS AND IT IS NOT LIVE ON THE SITE YET?
Dress listings take up to 48 hours to be approved and become live on the site. Also, Once Wed require at least one image with every listing, so if you submitted a listing without any images we won’t make it live until an image is uploaded. If you listed a dress and it isn’t live, please send an email emily (at) oncewed (dot) com.
HOW CAN I EDIT MY LISTING OR MARK MY DRESS AS SOLD?
Each seller on Once Wed has a custom dashboard allowing them to update or edit their listing any time including marking your dress as sold. Click on the Login link here or at the top right on the site.
I LOST MY LOGIN INFO. HOW CAN I RETRIEVE IT?
Click here or the LOGIN button always located in the top right of Once Wed. There you’ll find easy instructions to retrieve any information regarding your account including a new password.
WHAT PAYMENT SERVICES DO YOU RECOMMEND?
I only recommend escrow.com It’s the only payment service currently available on the internet which protects both the buyer and the seller. A check, money order, or cashier’s check aren’t safe payment methods in my book.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO LIST A DRESS ON ONCE WED?
It is absolutely free. We don’t take a commission on the sale or ask for a listing fee.
I RECEIVED A SUSPICIOUS EMAIL ABOUT MY LISTING. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If you receive a suspicious or awkward email, chances are the person behind it is not a legitimate buyer. We do our best to protect both buyers and sellers on Once Wed, so please feel free to forward the email to emily (at) oncewed (dot) com and we will block this person from contacting other seller’s on our admin end. Please beware of anyone asking to send more than the actual dress amount in a check in exchange for a shipping company/shipper to pick it up.
HOW DOES A BUYER CONTACT ME ABOUT PURCHASING MY DRESS?
Once Wed uses an email system very similar to craigslist where each seller has a unique email address attached to their listing. Just be sure to include your email address in the appropriate box on the listing form and we’ll take care of the rest.
Never underestimate the power of a beautiful picture. Try and include pictures from your actual wedding. If this makes you uncomfortable, take some of just you in the dress. A dress always looks prettier on a person rather than on a hanger.
The description box below is for you to tell buyers all about your used wedding dress. A couple of examples:
* Tell the story of how you and your dress got together.
* Go into detail about any defects of the used wedding dress(tears,marks,etc.).
* Tell brides whether you are including shoes or a veil/headpiece in the sale of the used wedding dress.
* Try to answer the questions as accurately as possible to increase the amount of serious buyers who contact you.
* Deciding on a price really depends on you and the dress. Couture designers will usually fetch more than lesser known gowns due to the retail price and their popularity in the press.
* Most brides price their used wedding dress 25%-50% off the retail price.
* Try lowering the price, taking new pictures or offering a best offer option if you aren’t receiving many inquiries.
* Escrow.com works like a traditional escrow service acting as an intermediary by creating a secure transaction for both buyer and seller. You pay a small escrow fee to use their services, but they don’t take a percentage of the dress(like paypal). This is the only service I recommend.
* Paypal is another online payment option I do not recommend using them as form of payment to purchasing a dress online.
* Money Orders/Cashiers Check are NEVER a safe payment method.
A lot of women will offer a return policy to potential buyers with a 5% restocking fee, but most sellers have an all sales are final policy.
Disclaimer: OnceWed.com is NOT responsible for any transaction between a buyer and seller. It is up to the seller to do their own due diligence before selling a dress to verify the buyer is reputable and honest.