We’re so thrilled to share this absolutely gorgeous tutorial from Amy Clarke today. She has made it so easy for you to recreate this sexy, yet understated, smoldering smokey eye on your own.
Smoldering Smokey Eyes
1. Prep the whole eyelid and under eye with either a concealer or eyeshadow primer. I used MAC Paint in Bare Canvas.
2. + 3. + 4. +5. Apply a black pencil liner all around your eye, close to your lash line, making the liner thicker on the outer parts of your lid, and in your waterline.
6. Using a mini dome eyeshadow brush, smudge the liner all around the eye until it appears smooth.
7. Apply a matte bone colored eyeshadow to the brow bone.
8. Next, apply a warm, medium brown eyeshadow to your crease, and blend well.
9. Take that same brown eyeshadow and apply it under the lower lash line, blending into the black liner.
10. To add a little interest, take a shimmery gold eyeshadow or pigment and apply to your lid, then, apply a little to the center of your lower lash line.
11. To Finish off the look, apply a coat or two of mascara. Don’t forget to curl them first!Pro Tip: Since applying eyeshadow can be a messy job, first, do your eyes, then clean up any eyeshadow that has fallen on your under eye with some makeup remover. Then, apply your foundation!
Favorite Products: Stila Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in “Onyx” & Urban Decay’s Naked Palette 1.
Photographer Katie Grant recently travelled to Indonesia, where she photographed this modern bridal fashion editorial in the Prambanan Temple, an 9th century Hindu temple, revered as the most beautiful Hindu temple in the world. The expansive stone complex became the perfect setting for this modern bridal fashion inspiration: a chic column gown and simple greenery bouquet are a stunning contrast to the ancient setting.