Finding the right wedding hairstyle under your veil can be a tricky prospect, particularly if you’re wearing a drop veil (which we love). For any of you who have already tried on a drop veil, you know the challenge: the veil kind of flattens your hair which can be bad news for many hairstyles. With a drop veil you’ve got to find a wedding hairstyle with a low profile. The example above gives you the low profile plus some nice interest. I think it walks a nice line between vintage-glam and a relaxed modern look. Follow the steps below to get the look:
1. Prep your hair with a big loose curl and some hairspray to give it some body and texture.
2. Section your hair into three parts: two “wings” in the front (imagine you’re wearing a headband–the hair in front of the headband should go into the wings and the hair that would be behind the headband should go into the ponytail) and then pull the rest into a low pony.
3. Do a little topsy-tail.
4. Do another topsy-tail in the same place but this time only pull it halfway through.
5. Pin the halved ponytail out slightly wider than it would fall naturally.
6. Pin any extra length of hair back up onto the front of the roll of hair.
7. Using a deep side part, pin the two front sections of hair into waves that meet at the top of the roll of hair in the back. Secure temporarily with bobby pins and spray with plenty of hair spray as shown in the final picture. When the hair spray is dry gently remove the bobby pins from the front and sides and the waves will stay right where you put them.
A relaxed destination wedding full of intimate getting-ready-together moments and amazing natural scenery. You will be dreaming of a private beach elopement after seeing this couple's romantic day.