I bought my dress from Fabulous Frocks in Charleston, SC in 2013. It’s a designer consignment wedding dress shop and my dress was never worn before I bought it. It was a sample Jim Hjelm dress and only needed minor alterations to make it fit perfectly. I don’t recall the label size of the dress and since it has been cleaned and packaged, I’m not able to break the seal to see what size the dress was originally, but I think it is a 4.
This is a unique dress with beautiful lace and intricate details that give it an antique, classic feel. It’s A-line with a sweep train and has a deep sweetheart neckline, low V back, and one thin shoulder strap. It has ivory lace over champagne charmeuse. I added a fine tulle around the neckline and back so that the deep sweetheart wasn’t so revealing. I also continued the tulle from the shoulder strap down the back of the dress to carry that look through the strap as well. The shoulder strap was more for looks and didn’t hold any of the weight of the dress and the tulle we added could probably be easily removed. The top of the dress is a mixture of intricate lace, fine tulle, and beading. The beading fades into just lace around the waist and carries that lace pattern all the way down the rest of the dress.
I have included images of me in the dress and well as runway images of the dress to show all of the details and how it looked before we added the tulle on the top and back.
- Alterations: Taken in, Fixed a few tears in the delicate lace, Added a light tulle ruffle around sweetheart neckline and around back, Extended tulle on shoulder strap down to back of dress, Added cups, Changed the bustle so that the way it falls is prettier and more gradual.
- Preservation Method: It has been professionally cleaned and preserved in a box with plastic and has not been opened or exposed since that cleaning.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.